Adverse weather and emergency closure information can be found here:
During times of adverse weather please check the website for information regarding our school.
• Ensure your child wears appropriate outdoor clothes throughout the winter.
• Decide whether it is safe for your child to travel to school in bad weather, either by school transport or on foot.
• Provide the school with information about emergency contacts to which your child can be sent at short notice if you are not available. Also tell the Head Teacher about any changes to this information and to your daytime contact details.
• Provide the school with a bad weather address within safe walking distance of the school.
• If school transport is not running please don’t take your child – or other children – to school yourself unless it is safe for you to do so. You will be responsible for ensuring that the children you took to school are transported home again and therefore need to be available in the event that the school has to close early due to deteriorating weather conditions.
• In difficult weather conditions pupils should not wait any longer than 15 minutes past the normal pick up time before returning home. In case the transport doesn’t arrive please make sure you have made alternative arrangements for your child.
• If your child travels by school transport you are responsible for their safety to and from the pick up/drop off point whether they use school transport or a public service vehicle.
School transport contractors have been told not to allow children to walk home alone from drop-off points under any circumstances during extreme weather conditions. If you can’t meet or arrange for your child to be met, the school transport will return them to a designated location.
Head Teachers decide if and when schools should close due to bad weather or another emergency. In bad weather they will decide this after receiving information about local weather conditions. This decision can be made during any time, day or night. During bad weather some staff may not be able to get to school – so the school may have to close because there are too few teachers present. Sometimes only part of the school will be closed or only some of the pupils will be dismissed early.
If you are concerned about local weather conditions contact the school. You may wish to collect your child yourself and are free to do so provided you make arrangements with the school.